Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Our Home...before!

I am so happy to be sharing with you the pictures of our home! As well as to be composing my first blog post on Pinder's Island Vista. I had these pictures sent over to me by our Real Estate Agents which were absolutely amazing (I must publicly thank  ERA Bahamas agents Helen Dupuch and Donna Davis!) and I fell in love with the house right away.

Nick and I had been hunting for a home for quite a few months and we were beginning to feel as if we had exhausted the market until this beauty landed in my inbox! 

Some of these photos were the photos used in the home listing, others I took after we had moved in. Beware the photos that I took are not of good quality and the rooms are mostly messy. But that will make for even better before and after shots right?! ;)




This is the front of our home from the main road. It was built in the 1960's and has had two previous owners. As you can see the home has a chimney which is extremely uncommon in the Bahamas but it and the fireplace is one of my favorite aspects of our home.






Nick and i were not looking for a home with a pool and we briefly talked about filling it in but now that it is getting warmer we are thinking it was a good idea to keep it. One of Nick's only requirements when we were house hunting was finding a home with a large enough backyard for all his things. I was excited when this one fit the bill.



This is part of our living room and a view of the entry way. When I saw this picture I immediately fell in love with the wood ceilings and those unique windows over the couch. This room is where we spend most of our time and will probably be one of the last renovations that we complete. I think this renovation will have to wait until the mortgage payments are finished!


This is another view of the living room including a little seating area that you could not see in the prior picture. You can see the fireplace in this picture as well. This seating area in the foreground of the photo looks out onto our back patio through a massive sliding door which lets in loads of natural light.



This is our dinning room that is adjacent to the kitchen. This room also has a massive sliding door for access to the back patio. 


View of the kitchen looking in from the dinning room.


This is the kitchen from that little seating area in the the living room.


Our master bedroom.That massive wardrobe behind the television is used as a divider for the vanity area and bathroom entrance. 


This is the guest bathroom.


 This is where the picture quality went downhill! I took these with my cell phone really quickly one morning. I was not thinking they would end up on a blog but oh well here they are! This is our entry way shortly after we moved in.

 This is the guest bedroom which is actually a nice size. You can't tell from this photo unfortunately.


I saved the best for last! This is my husband's office / guest room. It is the "junk room" as I like to refer to it. It always seems to accumulate the things that don't have a home or we don't want to get rid of. This photo was taken when we first moved in and its actually a bit better looking now. Feel bad for his working conditions? I sure do :)

So that's it! This is our house before! I am so excited to start sharing with you the projects we have completed and the projects that we are going to complete. I promise I will work on my photo taking skills! :)



post signature

4 comments :

  1. Awwww! Can't wait to see the after pics! I know they will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! So glad that you found my blog :) I am excited to post the Mater bedroom renovation! It looks completely different now. Can't thank you guys enough for helping us find this great house!

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Please continue to read my blog as I post more of our home projects :)

      Delete