Monday, April 14, 2014

Target Threshold Shelf Install


Remember when I said I would be sharing some of my fabulous finds from my recent trip to the U.S.? Well today is one of those days! While I was away I found the answer to my bare vanity wall problem. 

The wall to the right of the vanity in our master bedroom was very plain and was in need of a little something. The picture below shows a frame that I had put up there temporarily and this picture was prior to my rope mirror project



As I said...it just needed a little something. So, while at Target I came across this fabulous Threshold shelf set! It is a set of three shelves in varying sizes and the best part is it was only $25.29! You can't buy the supplies to make these for less than that in Nassau. 

Installing these was my project for this past weekend and I love how it turned out!


If any of you happen to be in Target this is what the box looks like. Trust me you should put them in your cart and worry about where to hang them later. You will not be sorry.



I only needed a few tools to get these shelves up. 
  • a level
  • pencil
  • philips screwdriver
  • screws (came in the box)



Next I put the shelf up to the wall where I wanted it and put the level on top before I made my marks for the screws.



I removed the level and put a small pencil mark right where the shelf touched the wall and where the slot for the screw is. 




I then screwed the screws into the wall over the mark that I made. I left the screws out from the wall a bit so that slot on the shelf would be able to fit over it.





Then I hung the shelves and started loading them up with some pretty things like the gorgeous flowers that I trimmed from our backyard!





Now the vanity area looks complete! The shelves add just a bit of interest and some much needed storage space for our vanity.  




Thanks again for reading! Any comments or questions on this quick project is welcomed :)


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment