Tuesday, March 11, 2014

End Table Revamp


So this was my first project at our home. These end tables came with the house when we bought it and I was super excited when I started thinking of making these tables prettier! I was also thrilled when I discovered that those green looking plates on the doors were made of brass! **score**

Being my first furniture painting project I solicited Nick to go with me to the paint store to get the tools I would need to make these tables really great. I apologize for not having any pictures of the process but I did not know at the time that I would be sharing this with you all. No more excuses!!

We picked up:

  • lots of sandpaper
  • painters tape
  • 1-2-3 Primer
  • small foam roller and tray 
  • 2 inch wide paint brush
  • white paint
  • brass cleaner (from our local food store)
I started with disassembling both tables and removing all hardware. I then sanded the tables with sandpaper by hand. This was before I had access to the brilliance known as the hand sander! The tables also had a few areas that needed to be puttied. I puttied and sanded again. After the sanding was done and Nick inspected them thoroughly I cleaned them off with acetone. I taped up the brass feet with painters tape then I finally got to paint!

I applied two coats of primer and two coats of white paint to the outside as well as the inside. After the paint was completely dry Nick helped me with putting all the hardware back on along with the cleaned brass plates that I was so excited about!  


Here is one of the tables before.



And here is the table after! I am in love! They turned out even better than I expected. I can't wait to share a picture of them in my room but that is another post for another day.


**Update! Below are pictures of the end tables in the room. Check out the rest of the Master Bedroom reveal for more! 



**Update #2! Finally found lamps for the room at one of my favorite local stores. Here they are :)





post signature


4 comments :

  1. Love it!! So excited to see more :) - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! I appreciate you taking a look at my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Greta! They turned out great after a little TLC and lots of paint. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete